Spam Training Update

It's been a few days since I implemented the SpamAssassin training and I can report that the experiment was a complete success. In fact I noticed a difference after the first training batch. Spam is back to manageable levels once more and any that does creep through get fed to the trainer. Double yum.

One warning though: when I redirected my first batch of spam to the spam collecting address I went through all my folders weeding out accumulated spam and found about 500 that were worth sending on. Unfortunately sending 500 emails in a short period of time triggered Pair's spam filter and blocked me from sending any more mail! I had to offer up a grovelling apology to Pair's sympathetic mail administrator! It's a sad reflection on the state of email that we have to go through all these hoops and layers just to get to an acceptable email service.


Other posts tagged as personal

Earlier Posts