I thought it was time for a makeover of Internet Alchemy. A few truly minor tweaks to the underlying XHTML and a new stylesheet. Hey presto! Cleaner, easier to read - it could almost be 1992 again!
Just for the fun of it, here's a look back at Internet Alchemy through the ages (courtesy of the Wayback Machine):
- October 1999 - six months in, still the original design. There used to be a banner along the left hand edge which doesn't seem to have been archived.
- February 2000 - nearly the anniversary and a change of posting style.
- May 2000 - yet another redesign and the first announcement of work starting on OCS 0.5!
- September 2001 - disaster strikes. I lose control of the openjava.org domain due to a mishap with email. A porn site takes control!
- June 2001 - another redesign, the last until today's. This is about the time I ported Internet Alchemy to run on the extremely cool (IMHO) XML Engine I developed at Calaba. That's technology that's now buried deep within another company, unlikely ever to be resurrected.
It's interesting to note that there are no archive entries for the whole of 2002. I wonder if they've stopped crawling or if they've just not placed the 2002 archive online yet?